Chemical industry challenges abound, from the regulatory pressures from smoke stack, effluent and solid waste production to the need to keep sufficient raw material inventories to avoid expensive delays in a high capacity production environment. Add to that price pressures from the competition, rising energy costs and supporting health and safety practices, both in the workplace and for the transport of goods, and the financial implications become exponential.
Commodity, Industrial, Specialty And Agricultural Chemical Companies
Let us help you manage production requirements, including co-products and by-products, and face the never-ending task of staying compliant.
For over 15 years, Edgewater Fullscope has helped commodity, industrial, specialty and agricultural chemical companies implement ERP and CRM
Beyond basic production requirements including co-products and by-products including waste, formula management and the never-ending task of staying compliant, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for the chemical process industry is designed to address these specific challenges:
Make Use of Off-Spec Materials
Most chemical companies create off-spec materials. Large quantities of off-spec materials may exist in drums all over plants, which means big dollars tied to unsellable inventory.
- Use formulations in Microsoft Dynamics to rework and reblend and incorporate a small percent of off-spec materials in a given batch and use up this previously “unusable” inventory
Access Real-time Inventory Levels
The need to adjust forecasts and inventory to help ensure adequate supply for demand is a never-ending one, especially with some of the expensive feedstock considerations.
- Get lot tracking, specification management and production statistics reporting for early detection of problems and more consistent production of high-quality products
- Prioritize to support different customer service levels and generate production plans that minimize the impact of set up and changeovers
Revolutionize Data Access
The traditional way of accessing data — in standardized monthly sales, production or inventory reports — will not cut it for today’s chemical manufacturer. Not only do you need real-time information, you need access to raw data beyond that found in standard reports.
- Completely track product information, from raw materials to inventory to production to the finished products, with data stored in Dynamics 365 and easily accessible by other Microsoft systems, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft SharePoint
You value throughput and must look to optimize current assets without making additional plant and equipment investments.
- Take high and low output periods into consideration and make production plans that avoid underutilization
- Predict the impact of disruptions or operational changes
- Maximize yields and reduce costs while simultaneously achieving quality standards
- Get the visibility you need to better understand the relationships among orders, production, inventory and distribution
Meet Safety, Quality and Compliance Requirements
- Document standard processes
- Track and log operations and results
- Use traceability, lot requirements, production statistics reporting, specification management and change management to get the control and predictability you need to detect and address exceptions early
- Track items from cradle to grave and be confident in your ability to implement effective recall procedures with complete forward and backward traceability of any material
Secure a Complete Chemical Solution
Looking to take your business to the next level with modern technology? The Fullscope experts are here to help you manage production requirements, including co-products and by-products, and face the never-ending task of staying compliant. And the process functionality that comes with Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology platform is the ideal for chemical manufacturers.
"We selected Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations to provide full visibility of real-time data to make better, more informed decisions; enable international business growth with an integrated enterprise wide flexible and agile system; and promote user adoption with a system that is easy to learn and use. We chose Edgewater Fullscope because of their chemical industry expertise, including the ChemXpress deployment template and strong customer references."
Stay In The Discussion
Join Fullscope Managing Director, David Kohar and Microsoft Manufacturing Industry Expert, Sally Frank as they discuss the impact Microsoft technologies are having in the manufacturing industry and how their roadmap will enable manufacturers to achieve more with their businesses – from streamlining existing processes and products to delivering new services and transforming business models.
Cornerstone Chemical Company is a leading manufacturer of melamine, acrylonitrile and sulfuric acid, key components in products used in water treatment, oil recovery, agriculture, plastics, furniture, flooring and performance coatings. With Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP, Cornerstone Chemical can synergize operations by eliminating data silos, spread-sheets and 14 ancillary applications while integrating mission-critical applications.